It will help you to pump at the office or anywhere else you may be. Of course, before you do that, you need to know when and how long to pump. So, let's begin.
BREASTFEEDING 101: WHEN TO PUMP?
There is no limit to this. You should breastfeed whenever you can because it's the perfect way to provide your baby with nutrition. Of course, not everyone can feed whenever the baby demands.
That is why the best electric breast pump will help you meet your baby's demands. It can help you establish a supply whenever and wherever. You can pump the milk out and feed your baby whenever he or she needs it.
Here are a few reasons why you should invest in a double electric breast pump:
- If you are keeping your baby with friends or family while you are at work, you will need to store milk
- You are working on increasing your milk supply
- Your baby is not latching on to your breast
- You are not comfortable with breastfeeding directly
Of course, the biggest reason is convenience. Pumping milk and then storing it will help you feed your baby wherever you are.
HOW LONG SHOULD YOU PUMP FOR?
The length of pumping depends on many things. If you have delivered a healthy and full-term baby, you should be patient for several weeks before starting to pump and store. However, if your baby is ill, preterm, or can't be breastfed yet, then you can pump within 6 hours after you deliver.
If you are primarily breastfeeding and only using a double electric breast pump for storing milk and feeding later, then here are some pumping tips for you:
- Morning is the best time to pump as that is when you will get the highest quantity of milk.
- You can pump after breastfeeding. You should pump within thirty to sixty minutes once you have breastfed, or you should do it an hour before you start breastfeeding.
On the other hand, if you are only relying on the best electric breast pump, here are some things to keep in mind:
- After you have reached complete production of milk, you should keep a timetable that allows you to produce at least 25 to 35oz of breast milk in a day
- At least plan to pump 7 to 10 times in 24 hours
- Arrange your pumping timetable in such a way that your baby can always have milk when they need it
That was a quick glimpse at our complete breast pumping guide, which you can find here. Investing in a double electric breast pump can go a long way. Even if you are primarily breastfeeding, you should keep it handy, so you can supply your baby with milk whenever they need it. Once you do, you will save time and effort into breastfeeding.
Check out our selection of double electric breast pumps to find which one best suits you! :)