The growth of breast tissue in preparation for breastfeeding is one of the many changes that occur throughout pregnancy and childbirth. Your body may feel as though you are wearing a second layer of skin if you choose the wrong hands free pumping bra.
Choosing the ideal pumping bra is the difficult part here. One that offers outstanding support and comfort while providing your breasts with exactly the right amount of space to safely nurse.
Pumping bras do more than just accommodate a woman's changing breast size. Breastfeeding or pumping breast milk is quicker and more comfortable thanks to the pulling-open cups of pumping bras.
Your hands can be used for other tasks while you pump thanks to a pumping bra. Pumping bras make it simpler and more comfortable to pump whether you're out and about or expressing milk at the office.
What is Hands Free Pumping Bra?
A bra that is specifically made to hold the components of your breast pump in place while you express breast milk is known as a pumping bra.
Pumping bras can hold your flanges (the portion that sits directly over your nipple and is occasionally referred to as a breast shield), wearable pump, or collecting cups in place while you pump, freeing up your hands to perform other tasks.
What are the effects of a bad bra fit?
Some of us may wonder why we need to care about the proper fit of hands free pumping bra. Cooperation with doctors made me realize that brafitting affects the functioning of our entire body, not just one part of it - the breasts.
When every day and for many hours we wear a bra design that is ill-matched to our individual build, breathing and activity, we run the risk of worsening our health and comfort of life. What happens next? Check out this list!
- The breasts are richly vascularized and innervated, and this means that any excess pressure in this area can be felt more strongly by us.
- It is entwined with a network of lymphatic vessels, and 70% of the lymph drainage is directed towards the armpit. That is why it is so important to choose the optimal shape of the underwires.
- Chronic pressure of poorly fitted underwires- too narrow for the structure of the ribs, shape or size of the breast (the wire overlaps the breast tissue) can increase the risk of lymph flow disorders, contribute to swelling and even inflammation in the breast gland and breast pain.
- The girth belt, which is located at the height of the diaphragm- the main respiratory muscle, if it is too tight, it can disrupt its full movement, and thus the breathing process, e.g. shallow and shorten it.
- Too loose girth causes exactly the same effect, because the entire weight of the breast rests on the straps. To support the weight of the breasts, they must be shortened, and then the belt puts excessive pressure on the sternum and the diaphragm.
Now answer yourself a few questions about hands free pumping bra
Do you find yourself uncomfortable in hands free pumping bra despite the right size? During the day you feel pressure under the breasts or under the armpits, e.g. when you work in a sitting position for a long time? Or maybe you need to loosen your bra strap or take it off with relief at the end of the day?
These are signs that you may need a change in your bra fitting. Finding the right size is of course an important step, but not the last one.
Get to know your figure
This will certainly be useful to you in the first stages of fitting hands free pumping bra. Ideally, that's where you start.
Stand with or without hands free pumping bra in front of a mirror and observe.
What shape are your ribs (e.g. are they flat, wider or narrower, convex)? How does your chest move when you take a slow, deep breath in and out? Breathe through your nose all the time. Observe the movement of the lower and upper parts of the ribs, shoulders.
Pay attention to how much and when you lift your shoulders or pull your stomach in.
Stand freely and observe your body posture. Unfortunately, a sedentary lifestyle, spending many hours in front of a computer can result in i.a. shoulders bent and head thrust forward. This affects breathing because it puts pressure on the diaphragm, but also sometimes increases the pressure of the bra strap on the viscera as well.
Hands free pumping bra fitting in practice
As I described above, the way of breathing, the anatomical shape of the ribs and sternum, body posture, and the location of the fat tissue are of great importance. This has also been confirmed by scientists!
Let's take the example of wider ribs. If you have such a chest shape, some bras may have too narrow underwires for you. Then you will notice that despite the well-chosen size, the wire fits on the breasts, compresses them instead of surrounding them. Some women then look for a looser girth to reduce unpleasant pressure.
How to fix hands free pumping bra?
We often think about underwires only in the context of breast support. However, they have many shapes and, what is particularly important here, different flexibility. Softer, differently profiled wires may be more comfortable in these situations. Therefore, at the beginning, choose a different bra model or change the brand to find the optimal shape.
There are also the opposite situations, when the underwire is too wide for the construction of the breast and the shape of the chest. Then you will notice that its end reaches far behind the armpit - all the way to the back (the bra sometimes rubs there when worn).
Some underwear manufacturers offer a narrower or wider arch of the underwiring, depending on the model. There are also brands that 'specialize' in wider or harder wires (e.g. for large sizes). For health and comfort, it is worth trying different constructions to match them to our structure.
3 everyday habits that I believe are useful in choosing a healthy bra
These simple steps will help you know if the bra you're wearing is a really good fit.
- The habit of moving your breasts from behind your armpit to your bra cup each time you put on a bra. It helps to quickly notice changes in the size of the breasts, their shape and in the fitting of the bra - too small or too large cup, as well as differences in the tension of the waist circumference.
- Get into the habit of checking your underwire fit every day. Stand in front of the mirror and check to what extent the bridge of the bra adheres to the chest, and the underwires are perfectly placed under the breasts. Now stand sideways to the mirror and raise your hand to look at their underarm fit.
- The habit of noticing how comfortable I am in my bra during the day and how the areas under my breasts, on the side of my ribs, and on my arms look when I take my bra off.
How to determine the fit of the breast shield?
The breast shield is the part of the hands free pumping bra that comes into contact with the breast and fits over the nipple. A breast shield fits well if you can comfortably center the nipple rather than the entire areola.
Many devices come with covers in only one size, but you can often order different sizes and even textures from the manufacturer to suit your needs.
Why Momcozy Breastfeeding Hands Free Pumping and Nursing Bra?
- Comfy materials: 41.6% spandex and 58.4% nylon
- Seam-free experience: Goodbye to underwire and seams that cause additional back strain or that pinch or prod.
- Hands free pumping bra "W" structural design offers strong support for your breasts and a flattering support.
- There is no need to be concerned about walking around or leaking in public.
- Resting flush with your skin, the bra doesn't move or bulge in any way.
Mom’s Choice Awards Gold Winner
- Momcozy nursing bra received the prestigious Mom's Choice Award.
- The Mom's Choice Awards (MCA) reviews products and services made for parents and educators. It is renowned throughout the world for setting the standard for superiority in family-friendly media, goods, and services.
- When choosing high-quality goods and services for families and kids, parents, educators, retailers, and members of the media trust the MCA Honoring Excellence seal.
For Months/Weeks of Pregnancy
Hands free pumping bra was created in collaboration with a lactation consultant to improve breast health and reduce ailments like mastitis and blocked or plugged ducts. In order to meet changing bodies from pregnancy to Stages 1-3 of nursing and beyond, the front-adjustable straps and wider back closure were included.
Fast on/off nursing with one hand operation when the baby needs it. It functions as both a nursing bra and a regular bra, saving the trouble of switching between the two.