Making A Home Safe For A Crawling Baby
The day a baby starts crawling is both a happy and anxious day for parents. That is because babies can get into sorts of shenanigans and hurt themselves. It is essential to make a home safe for a baby before they start crawling.
So, how can you do that? Here is a complete guide for you.
Keeping Your Home Safe
You have to baby proof the house to ensure that it is a safe environment for a baby to crawl. That means removing anything sharp and addressing anything that can harm the baby while they are crawling. Even wobbly furniture and slippery floors should be taken into consideration.
After all, you can never be too careful. Here are the many things you can do to keep the inside of your home safe:
- Install smoke detectors
- Stock your first-aid kit
- Put non-slip pads under all carpets and rugs
- Install a baby safety gate for stairs
- Cover sharp furniture with safety padding
- Keep the bathrooms secured and locked at all times
All these things are important to do to keep your baby safe inside the home. They will ensure your baby is out of any harm’s way and your home is a safe place for them. You should also block any electrical outlets with furniture to ensure further safety.
However, installing stair gates is the most important thing you can do. It will ensure your baby does not climb up the stairs. Doing so can be dangerous as crawling is not made for stairs.
Keeping The Nursery Safe
The next essential step is to keep the nursery safe. After all, this is the place where your baby will spend most of its time. You need to keep it incredibly kid-friendly and friendly to you as well so you can take care of your baby without any issues.
Here are the many things you can do to keep the nursery safe for your baby:
- Keep a thick carpet below the changing table
- Place your supplies and baby wipes in a place that you can reach but the baby can’t
- Place the crib away from cords, windows, lamps, heaters, and any wall decoration
- Finish painting the nursery at least two months before the baby is expected as you don’t want them to come into contact with harmful paint fumes
- Keep toys, blankets, pillows, and bumpers out of the crib
These five steps will ensure that the nursery is safe. If the nursery is upstairs, then make sure the baby safety gate for stairs is installed above as well. This will ensure that the baby does not have access to the stairs from anywhere.
These are the most important things to do for the safety of your baby when they start crawling. These are just some suggestions but you can do more depending on your preferences and your home. Don’t forget to install stair gates as that is the most important thing for the safety of your child inside your home.